Mohr doesn’t just sell machinery… we partner with you to find you solutions. With an experienced worldwide relationship with the machinery industry, Mohr is well qualified to serve you.
Specify it: … Determine what you need to do and how to do it
- Describe the application;
- What is the final product?
- What raw materials are used in production?
- What quantity of product is needed in what amount of time?
- Know the leading manufacturers.
- Do you have a preference of make and model?
- What accessories or features will be needed on the equipment?
- Production/processing requirements.
- Construction of the equipment in regard to wear resistant, contamination, etc.
- In what condition do you need the equipment?
- Fair, good, excellent?
- In “working” order
- Like new condition
- Is “as is” acceptable to you?
- Know utility requirements and limitations;
- Electrical voltage, phase, and Hertz
- Air, steam, water, other
- Space limitations (L x W x H of machinery)
- Floor loading limitations
- What is your budget?
Will you need to finance the purchase or are funds readily available?
- Is this for immediate or future use?
When do you want delivery of the machinery and where should it be delivered?
Locate it: … Know your resources & service provider’s integrity
- Contact a qualified machinery dealer who handles that type of equipment (stocking and non-stocking). Contacts to consider:
- End Users
- Use the internet to search for the machinery you need… but with caution.
- Monitor classified section of trade publications for equipment offered. Place an ad under the “Machinery Wanted” classification.
- Contact the new machinery manufacturer for equipment they have in stock.
Finalizing the Deal: … Consider your payment options
- Pay cash for the purchase.
- Finance or lease the equipment purchased through companies by referral or use your own lending institution.
- Be confident in your deal and seller.
…Document the purchase
- Prepare your purchase order.
- Retain a copy of the invoice from the seller clearly documenting the transaction.
As the leading industrial machinery broker and sales agent in its industry,
Mohr has vast experience in locating used equipment and machinery.